It can work both ways. A nice experience can be uplifting but it can also make
the listener wonder if he's doing something wrong since he never experienced
anything in that direction.

 If someone, like is often done here, is talking excessively about "silence" it
does nothing more than exercise those laughing muscles as "silence" usually is
experienced at within hours of doing TM :-)

 This is supposed to be a forum with spiritually minded people. If you don't
have any unique experiences fine, I repeat FINE.  It doesn't mean you're not
doing alright. But if all you're experiencing is "silence" my suggestion would
be to return to your Sadhana rather than bore the audience.