An experience is something that has a beginning and has an ending. That applies
as much to "spiritual" experiences as to any other. A truly transcendental
event is outside time and so cannot begin or end. What could that be? Well how
about awareness itself? That never ends (even in sleep!).
 Anyone who has engaged in the marketplace of new-age practices will have had
"spiritual experiences" and they can be interesting - even life-changing - but
as they can be timed by a clock they can't be the ultimate we are seeking. We
can swap stories of what blew our minds but even as we're telling these tales
we're back to being stone-cold sober and are relying on our memory.
 Pure awareness is the real deal and *everyone* has pure awareness (unless they
are dead) so learning to rest in that state and find it satisfying is worth
more than the frantic one-upmanship you find in today's spiritual circus which
values the exotic and the inexplicable. Krishnamurti's insistence on watching
how our minds constantly try to escape from the mundane reality we encounter
every moment is as important now as when he when he first began his public
talks.