Like I said recently they are a *metaphor* as many an Indian intellectual will tell you. Remember that Maharishi liked to boil it down to the *absolute and relative*. That's known as the "impersonal school." Some of us grabbed the free ISKCON books (that George Harrison paid for) and had fun reading Prabupad's railing against the "impersonal school" because we knew what particular organization he was railing against.