It is possible that everything we see and not see in this universe is only
a dream, but it is also possible that a dream is real while it lasts. There
isn't anything we do in the waking state that we cannot do in the dream
state. In dreams we can run and jump; tables are tables; and we can consult
with our friends. But, what if the we are just dreaming a lucid dream? It's
like a Zen koan:

A monk fell asleep and dreamed he was a butterfly. When he awoke, he asked
himself "Was I a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly
dreaming I am a man"?