akasha_108 wrote:

>Bhairitu
>

>>Likewise
>>that large  corporations realize they are bad for society and ask
>>Congress to reinstitute the laws that existed up until the Civil War
>>when corporations did not have the rights of an individual, had
>>limited  size and life.
>>

>What is the advantage of a limited corporate life?

The corporations wield too much power.   Unless you forgot this country
was began as a rebellion against the British East India Company a rather
large and powerful multinational.

>And how would the capital markets then function? Equity offerings
>would be for a 10 year company? Currently public shares would be
>converted to some limited life equity form?

I believe before the Civil War 40 years was the limit.  Rockefeller was
the one who in 1877 got New Jersey to extend the lifetime of a
corporation.  Thom Hartmann wrote a book on it:
http://thomhartmann.com/unequalprotection.shtml

>Limit even that though might be sub optimal for a particular market at
>a particular time? Let politicians determine optimal business unit sizing?

I suppose if you are locked into capitalistic thinking then this all
sounds horrible.  But so does a world run by the large corporations who
have no more ability to rule than you or I.  Right now their batting
average as far as the environment goes is not too good.