If we observe the realist closely, we will find that at some times he
relies principally on his eyes and, at other times, on his ears. When
different senses corroborate an error, we are still more baffled. The
realist is unaware that he has no criterion of the reality or unreality of
objects experienced. He has faith in the reality of movie action while it
lasts, otherwise he could not really enjoy it. He has faith in his own
action, otherwise how could he really enjoy life. But how reliable is such
faith?