Dear Dear Anartaxius,
 Somehow we must deal with this “Cognitive Inhibition” problem which so
evidently is at the root of so much skepticism around some certain things so
good that it obstructs a positive consensus about our history and where we
could together go.
 I do not wish to force my thoughts upon you or anyone else, but I feel forced
myself. Little as I know of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, I would fain do my part to
correct the tone and the statements of the newspapers and newsgroups, and of
our FFL people here generally, respecting his character and actions. It costs
us nothing to be just. We can at least express our sympathy with, and
admiration of, him and his companions, and that is what I now propose to do.
 Sincerely,
  -Buck in the Dome

 Science Discovers A Clear and Present Spiritual Danger:  Too Damned much
“Cognitive Inhibition”.

 So, the practical take-away from this research is that skeptics here suffer
from “Cognitive Inhibition”. Too damned much “Cognitive Inhibition” evidently
is a very sad state of diagnosis frequently leading to spiritual depression
such like we see expressed so often on FFL. More research is needed on this
condition to be able to protect people from the deleterious effects of this
dangerous state in their spiritual lives.

 "A recent issue of Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (via BPS
Research Digest)
 suggests that skeptics possess greater powers of cognitive inhibition.

 Our brains evidently infer greater meaning from random events in an
instinctual way.

 "Cognitive inhibition, that is, suppressing or overriding spontaneously
occurring mental processes, may thus be the mechanism that, when working
efficiently, controls our natural intuitions and explains why supernatural
interpretations seem so natural for some people and yet others find them quite
strange,"

 There are caveats involved. In this case, since creativity also relies on
reduced cognitive inhibition (introducing the mind to new ideas), it's possible
that believer brain activity was just the creative process in motion. A larger
lingering question is why (and how) people can shift from believer to skeptic
and back."

 Turquoiseb posts:
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3025750/evidence/the-neuroscience-of-superstition
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3025750/evidence/the-neuroscience-of-superstition

 Anartaxius writes:

 All I did was cut and paste Yahoo guidelines, as Buck had mentioned them. What
does that have to do with what Judy wrote to Buck? I was curious about the
Yahoo guidelines because I had never read them until now. As text, the format
of the guidelines did not paste in well, but they are still readable. Because
Judy seems to know what I was thinking at the time, perhaps, in an independent
post (so she does not have to lie as much), she can give more details of my
misunderstanding of what she claims is my take on what she wrote to Buck. It
seems to me that Buck's interpretation of the Yahoo guidelines is not entirely
clear of the mark. My take on Buck's concern is that generally I think he would
be over censorious in instituting content and language controls.
 .