Suggestions come from all fronts.  This is the first year we watched the Golden
Globes.  We're glad we did because it gave us a heads up on 2 series we would
have not known about otherwise.  The NZ crime drama Top of the Lake was
excellent with an award winning performance by Elizabeth Moss.  That's
available on Netflix streaming already.

The British series Dancing on the Edge we just started and it appears to be
very good as well.  It is starring
 Chiwetel Ejiofor, who is having one helluva year.

Orphan Black was tremendous because of the many, many characters the incredibly
talented Tatiana Maslany is able to play seamlessly.  The writing is great as
well.

Ray Donovan  is intense and gritty.  Just our cup of tea. Didn't overly pander
like some cable shows with excessive tits and ass and violence because, after
all, it's cable and it's why people go there.  Just good story telling,
excellent stars and writing.

Big dissappointments are Intelligence and Almost Human.  As well produced as
these shows are they fail to sustain our attention because neither show has
established a long arc in their stories.  Shows like The Good Wife or The
Blacklist are much more involving because not everything is tied up neatly.
Things carry over the season, and that delayed resolution hook's us.  We like
to kick around the dinner table "what if" scenarios based on where we think the
stories might be going.

My favorite thing about Netflix is the big FU they have given the studios and
the cajones they have shown to green light their own material.  Looking forward
to Season 2 next week of the wonderful House of Cards.  Orange Is The New Black
was fun as well.