You can start a garage band - just hook up a Moog Synthesizer to your
computer and you have a complete DAW. It's not complicated.

[image: Inline image 1]  [image: Inline image 2]

First, we installed the free Audacity software on our computer. Then, we
bought a microphone from the Shack. So, we hooked up our Yamaha keyboard
with the synth. You can also get yourself an outboard unit like an Mbox or
Motu that comes with Pro Tools. Always try to use audiophile-grade
components and MIDI and XLR connections which deliver a signal-to-noise
ratio (SNR) of 114dB.

[image: Inline image 3]

[image: Inline image 4]

Daphne Oram - inventor of the first portable synthesizer

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/history-of-electronic-music-exhibition-opens-2013

Example of electronic music:

*Give It Up* - The Goodmen - *Batacuda Refreshcante* - Platinum on Black
Vol 1 Track 5

http://youtu.be/B6qzwSxhezk

Notes:

Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio editor that can run on Mac
OS X, Microsoft Windows, and Linux; it is particularly popular in the
podcast community, and also has a large following among the visually
impaired due to its keyboard interface.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audacity_%28audio_editor%29

GarageBand is a software application for OS X and iOS that allows users to
create music or podcasts. It is developed by Apple Inc. as a part of the
iLife software package on OS X.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GarageBand

"A digital audio workstation (DAW) is an electronic system designed solely
or primarily for recording, editing and playing back digital audio. DAWs
were originally tape-less, microprocessor-based systems such as the
Synclavier. Modern DAWs are software running on computers with audio
interface hardware."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_workstation