that's cause you aren't taking amrit, having yagyas done and practicing TMSP as
many hours as possible in a group up in Skelmersdale
On Sun, 2/16/14, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Drinking Vedic Coffee and Discerning 'Cult' from
'Sect'
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 1:49 PM

       Yes, I used to get a lot of things like that. A
 text book progression of enlightened states as espoused by
 Marshy. Really amazingly nice and it convinced me I was
 going to get there but it all stopped, maybe it will start
 up again but I doubt it and it doesn't even interest me
 any more, it's like the acid trips I used to do, a great
 way to spend a day but is it a good long term
 proposition?
 At work once I became the unwitting centre of
 attention when I slipped into "unity" on a busy
 friday afternoon when we were normally running around trying
 to wrap everything up. Everyone else just pulled up a chair
 and sat round my desk, it was amazing how different yet the
 same I was, intensely relaxed but wide awake and flowing all
 things good from some centre that wasn't even me but was
 everything that existed and it was all lush, powerful and
 vivid. Happy days, but it wore off a few hours later and
 that was that. What it
 all means I cannot say, my guess is nothing, just a phase,
 maybe all that bending my mind out of shape suddenly
 reflexively threw it into a euphoric state. But whatever, it
 doesn't work any more...

 --In
 FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...>
 wrote:

 Wow, I hope you don't me
 saying this, but this is the nicest post we've had in
 about six months.  And it sounds like more than
 witnessing.I say that because as I've always understood it,
 the transcendental field is without attributes.  It is
 when we experience it that it becomes blissful.  But
 otherwise, it is just a silent
 witness.Whatever
 you were experiencing was creeping into waking
 state.

  ---In
 FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Yes,
 like being wrapped in infinite cotton wool, all rosy and
 warm. During some of those experiences I'd spend days
 seeing the world like it's made of christmas tree lights
 with that angel hair round them. Then it got even better and
 I saw where the light came from and I knew everything
 without being able to answer any questions and then it
 stopped.
 What
 the point of it was, other than to make me feel my ascetic
 life was paying off, is beyond me. But if it had lasted any
 longer I probably would have started a cult myself.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 (-:   Hey, neat about
 that witnessing experience.  I experienced it once, and
 didn't realize it till after the fact.  But was the
 experience "blissful" for you?

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Potayto,
 potahto.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

 No,
 most of what you are offering as definition technically is
 about sects.   Cults form around charismatic persons.
 Sects form out
 of specialness, exception or differentiation as in different
 denominations of
 protestantism or catholicism or denominations or types of
 meditation.
 Those are sects.  Sects are around fragmentation and cults
 are
 around persons as charismatics.  For instance, If
 someone really
 'charismatic', like earlier defined by Weber, like a
 Robin were to show up in Fairfield, Iowa and
 take off a bunch of meditators as his followers by force and
 power of
 personality then we're talking cult, as a sect.  That is
 different
 than the different sects of people out teaching meditations
 and some
 others out there teaching other things they've
 learned.-Buck in the Dome
 Salyavin808
 writes: You don't need any leader to be a cult. All you
 need is a belief system that sets you apart from the
 norm.