I'm convinced you can categorise these different states into the boxes as
described by Marshy, but is that because my experiences were influenced by his
clear descriptions. If I'd never read the book or seen the lecture, would I
have had the experiences in the same order in the same way? There's no way to
rule it out.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...> wrote:

 I agree with some of the things I believe Barry has said - that we are all
part of this cosmic soup, and the entire infinite or nearly infinite range of
experiences are available to us. The kinds of things Sal relates are available
to all of us at anytime, but most of us aren't aware of it.

 The idea that there is some kind of definable "state" of awareness and a well
laid out progression towards it is in my opinion some made up baloney on the
part of the old rishis who didn't want to work, just wanted to set around all
day looking at their navel and when they had some of these experiences they
said "Ah ha! This is REAL reality, and all these po' folk runnin' around doing
all this doing are full of crap! WE have the lock on what is true, real and
righ!"

 And like everyone else in the world they wanted everyone else to corroborate
their reality so they made a big deal out of it and created all the sacred
books of the Hindoos that everybody was supposed to embrace if they were smart.
Along comes Marshy, fanatic Hindoo, and he used the playbook to make a nice
living for himself.

 So I think we can slip in and out of these different experiences of our own
awareness. Some like maybe Eckhart Tolle can choose to stay in one spot for a
long time, making it seem permanent. Others go back and forth. Which IMO
accounts for the behavior we see in folks like Marshy, Muktananda, Kriyananda
and all the rest where they appear to be brilliant enlightened individuals one
day and the next day appear to be venal, petty tyrants and sexual opportunists
and so forth.

 Well, just as in waking state there are almost infinite manifestations of
perception, behaviour, intelligence then why wouldn't there be the same in
so-called "enlightened" or at least, 'other' states of awareness? I am still
not convinced there are these "enlightened" altered states of consciousness at
all and I certainly don't think you can categorize these states, if they do
exist, into tight little cubicles of defined characteristics that are the same
for all those having attained those states.
 On Sun, 2/16/14, steve.sundur@... mailto:steve.sundur@... <steve.sundur@...