 From: "anartaxius@..." <anartaxius@...>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:15 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Ukraine?

   If we want to talk about cause and effect, why not just go back to the Big
Bang. Then we have 13.79±0.037 billion years of cause and effect, meditated by
the statistical indeterminacy of quantum mechanics, this latter creating a
divergence from strict determinism. Your toothbrush and Ukraine are then on the
same time line as is everything else. If you want to talk about the effect of
consciousness, that only makes sense if you are in a state of experience
(delusion) where you believe consciousness does things, that is, it is thought
of as a separate element or force in relation to things. On the other hand, of
you think of consciousness as Being, then it is things and their relationships,
kind of like mass and energy are identical in general relativity, and that
matter of cause and effect is meaningless because everything is a part of the
relationship. So your toothbrush, the fact of meditating, or not meditating,
the flow of time, and even fictional characters in books all have a
relationship to the changes in Ukraine. The statistical indeterminacy of
quantum mechanics means that from our perspective, some events do not result
from preceding events, and this is how the universe creates, using a random
throw of the dice, so it may be too, that Ukraine in its current state is the
result not of a cause even if we think of the universe from the viewpoint of
cause and effect.

 I am happy for them if they can get a stable government together and solve
their bankruptcy problems. I use software from Ukraine, so I have an interest
in their continued existence.