Enlightenment is like that. Before enlightenment you believe it exists. After,
doesn't matter because you were chasing something you had all along, so it
really does not exist. The idea that there was some special state called
enlightenment was a pipe dream. Notice some teachers, like MMY talk of
enlightenment, and some like UG Krishanmurti say there really isn't anything
called enlightenment. Depending on where you are in the search, you can take
your pick how you want to portray what you have experienced. If someone is
searching for it, then by all means tell them it could be worthwhile, because
if they have the bug authentically, they won't rest until they find out.
Statements that it is a crock are also useful, for if they find out, that
statement then means something as well.