You're assuming that you know enough about what goes on in and around teh
pandit compound to be able to comment.

 By all the accounts I have read, the internal activity of the pandit compound
is very much internal and, at best, the Westerners involved are simply getting
second-hand rumors rather than third-hand or -fourth-hand rumors, as the rest
of us are.

 If you watch the behavior of the Westerners who escort Oprah around in that
video, it is very obvioius that they are True Believers™ of the highest order,
and probably assume that the Pandits, or at least, their highly evolved
handlers, can't possibly make any mistakes.

 This is the same kind of attitude found in Westerners who deal with
Maharishi's nephews on a regular basis, I am sure.

 My observation is that some Hindus bask in the attention and some are
exasperated by it, but don't say anything to deflect it, for whatever reason.
It goes all the way back to the very beginnings of the Western TM movement,
where Maharishi's favorite person in the Olson household was the mother-in-law,
who thought he was a nice guy, but didn't see what all the fuss was about.