 From: "geezerfr...@yahoo.com" <geezerfr...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: No Mantra will cure willfully arrogant
stupidity

Checked in to see what was going on at FFL today and low and behold, it's the
mantra meaning debate!
I've posted this before some years back but for me it was settled once and for
all back in 1976 when I received my 4th "advanced technique". I was waiting in
line to see MMY when the guy in front of me, a friend of mine, said "ask him
the meaning, he'll tell you."

MMY gave me the new variation of my mantra (it was now Sri Aing Namah Namah)
and I quietly said "what is the meaning?" MMY said "Glorious Saraswati I bow
down to you again and again. {pause} Do not dwell."

At the time I was totally thrilled since I LOVED the idea of worshipping the
goddess Saraswati. It was only much later that I began to think about the fact
that I had been telling all of my students that they were meaningless sounds.
Many years later, when the mantra tables were revealed, it was easy to decipher
the meaning of all of them.