Or you could be witnessing thoughts the whole time...

On Friday, March 28, 2014 1:02 PM, Richard J. Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 3/28/2014 10:07 AM, authfri...@yahoo.com wrote:

For me, the answer to Barry's question would be a definite No. (In fact, I
think it would take a bit of effort not to go back to the mantra.)

Barry's analysis also assumes that at some point in your meditation
    you've stopped thinking the mantra and that your mind has wandered
    off to other thoughts. It may be that in advanced TMers all you need
    to do is think the mantra just once - one thought and then a twenty
    or thirty minute transcendence.