Michael, I don't know if I was so much a true believer in that I surrendered
all my analytical skills. Yes, I believed in the message, and  spread it pretty
effectively I think. That is to say the basic technique of TM.

 Perhaps, like many, I was searching for something "more" back in the day, and
TM seemed to be the answer for that.  And so, I became a teacher and graduated
from MIU.

 Throughout that time, there were aspects of the organization that I found
ridged and a bit misguided and so it lost some of its charm for me.  But there
was no single event that caused me to become disillusioned.  In fact I've
mentioned that after I graduated in 1981, I continued to do group program until
the time I got married and had a child.

 And now, I feel as though that spiritual journey has entered a different
phase.  As far as my mediation, I still do that after work before I come home,
or after dinner when I feel a need.  I find it relaxing, although I don't do it
in the context of a spiritual technique, if that makes any sense.

 And again, I feel the spiritual path is what makes life meaningful, but that
path take on many forms.  My wife is a pretty devout Catholic, and I think she
has been served well by her adherence to that practice.

 Thanks for the inquiry.

 Steve, I may be wrong but didn't you recently allude to you being a real true
believer at one time who became disillusioned with certain things about TM or
at least with the TMO? Would you mind telling what aspects you became
disillusioned with and what aspects you are still alright with?
 On Sat, 4/19/14, steve.sundur@... mailto:steve.sundur@... <steve.sundur@...