Richard, I don't think *thinking things over in the conscious mind* really
describes TM! Though it is one possible definition of meditation.

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 10:11 PM, Richard J. Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 5/1/2014 8:18 PM, Share Long wrote:

Richard, sense of self vanishing and having greater well being sounds like what
happens during TM!

That's because "mindfullness" training is just like TM practice,
    Share, and has the same goals - mental and physical well-being. TM
    practice is essentially Buddhist yoga. It's a lot easier to
    understand when you realize that meditation is just thinking things
    over in your conscious mind. It's not complicated.

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:10 PM, Richard J. Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 5/1/2014 3:26 PM, curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Any tips or insights, especially since
                          you have a TM history and might
>> know the issues TMers might have would be
                          welcome.

>According to Harris, by paying close attention
                          to moment-to-moment
>conscious experience, it is possible to make
                          our sense of "self" vanish
>and thereby uncover a new state of personal
                          well-being.

>'The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the
                          Future of Reason'
>by SamHarris
>W.W. Norton & Company, 2004
>p. 214