What happened here??

-

 Harris:
"Given the degree to which religion still inspires human conflict, and impedes
genuine inquiry, I believe that merely being a self-described “Buddhist” is to
be complicit in the world’s violence and ignorance to an unacceptable degree".
- See more at:
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf

Again Harris;

"As students of the Buddha, we should dispense with Buddhism." - See more at:
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/
 As students of the Buddha, we should dispense with Buddhism. - See more at:
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf
 As students of the Buddha, we should dispense with Buddhism. - See more at:
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dp
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf

Harris is an enthusiastic supporter of the kill the Buddha if you meet him on
the road POV.
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf

 As students of the Buddha, we should dispense with Buddhism. - See more at:
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf
 As students of the Buddha, we should dispense with Buddhism. - See more at:
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpuf

http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killing-the-buddha/#sthash.Hbqbm55C.dpufI
 think there are some useful distinctions to be made in these experiences.
Lumping them all together under a banner of physics poetry is unlikely to
result in our understanding the differences between these experiences, and I
believe those distinctions could be useful. And not in some triumphalist "one
is better than another", but perhaps people may need different techniques
depending on the results they are seeking or even some personal variables that
we will never understand if we throw them all together. Plus I believe there is
some brain study research that supports the idea that there really are
differences between meditations types neurologically.