Christianity institutionalizes slavery too, simply by spelling out the
responsibilities that masters and slaves have.

 Using the Bible to justify owning slaves is considered bad form these days,
however.

 Islam, being about 800 years younger, hasn't gotten to the same social stage,
in my opinion, and it is a horrible joke of the Cosmic All that the most
backward Islamic societies ended up being the most wealthy, so they haven't
been forced, due to free trade necessity, to grow up faster.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jedi_spock@...> wrote :

 Nice to meet you Krysto.

Islam sanctions institutionalised slavery.  A muslim man can
keep any number of non-muslim women as slaves.  He can also
keep any number of concubines, apart from his 4 wives.

Jihadi supremacists are serious about this stupid,
unscientific, barbaric religious ideology.  These
"revelations" are the delusions of a lunatic, and anybody
who believes them, are just like the people who believed
Hitler or Stalin.

---  <krysto@...> wrote :

 Talk of Sam Harris brings me out of the FFL shadows.

 Harris is, in my view, one of the clearest and boldest thinkers in the world
today.  One may disagree with any number of his positions (that radical Islam
presents a dire threat to the world, that free will is an illusion, that
science can guide our moral decisions) but the intelligence and power with
which he expresses himself is stunning.  The surprising twist that this
committed atheist and materialist is fascinated by the value that meditation
can provide makes him all the more interesting.  Go for it, Rick!