From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of TurquoiseBee
Sent: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:57 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Note to Rick Conderning his interview with Sam
Harris

From: Rick Archer <r...@searchsummit.com <mailto:r...@searchsummit.com> >

FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of steve.sun...@yahoo.com
<mailto:steve.sun...@yahoo.com>

Rick, I am glad the interviews are gaining a wider audience.  I think they
deserve that.

  I chuckled to myself though as I read your preparations for the interview.
The thought that popped into my head was, "Does he think he is interviewing
God?"

  I'm just a crazy SOB.

  Me too. I don’t prepare for all interviews so thoroughly. Don’t have the
time. But Harris would be a challenge, and a real opportunity if properly
prepared for.

I, for one, will be looking forward to your interview. I agree with the
delurking poster who described Harris as one of the most interesting minds on
the planet at this point. It will be really, really interesting to see the two
of you interact, and exchange views. I can only imagine that the experience
will be a wonderful one for both of you, and for us, getting to share it via
video.

Thanks. How would you (and Curtis & others) describe Harris in a word or a
phrase? I see him referred to as an “atheist”, but from what I’ve read so far,
that characterization is very inadequate. My impression of him so far is that
everything should stand the test of actual experience, but he’s open to the
possibility that experience is not limited to the obvious and mundane. So maybe
he’s an agnostic, open to the possibility that God can be experienced.