No time to summarize, but I’ll be posting it on BatGap. You mean there was
something going on that was more spiritual than an interview with me? I’m
shocked.

From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 9:41 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Note to Rick, Conderning his own interview

Dear Rick; your thesis and take-away? What was your thesis last nite in your
own live interview down at the FF public library? With Way too many spiritual
things going on in FF at any given time, for those of us who were at other
satsanga or doing spiritual things elsewhere, what came to be your thesis in
the interview during your meeting as it evolved? Did you feel that you may have
had to color what you said, because it was sponsored by the Waking Down
satsanga or the TM organization might have been there? Just wondering,

-Buck

“Because of his exposure to the wide range of awakening modalities and
spiritual teachings alive in the world today, Rick is uniquely situated to
comment on what is going on out there. It promises to be a rich evening.” -From
the public meeting announcement in the Fairfield Weekly Reader

Rick as you are proly experiencing in these interviews, becoming a guru in
culture can be different than abiding in spiritual experience.

In a range and distribution of spiritual folks some can become 'gurus' by
virtue of just scholarship alone without even much abiding experience. Others
by virtue of ability to teach and talk spiritual technique, or others with
having an abiding spiritual transformational effect for others by spiritual
field affect. Sat-  gurus it would seems would be good at combinations of all
three: 1)scholarly, 2)knowledgable and good with techniques, and 3) with field
effect of spiritual healing and help in Being.

 It would be nice to learn where Sam Harris in experience is in effect with
this scale as he is becoming a famous talking head in culture. Some people
evidently can become cultural gurus just by virtue of their intellectual
understandings even without experience.

Rick, invite Sam Harris to come to Fairfield to join us in our home of all
Knowledge for the Batgap interview. That could be good for stirring the deeper
discussion of his spiritual experience and figure out if his is an abiding one.

-Buck

 What is his spiritual experience around this that would allow him to be on
Buddha at the Gas Pump anyway?

punditster writes:

Buck, I think the key word here is "Buddha"- maybe Harris is a
practicing "Buddhist". Go figure.

There are some who would label all Buddhists atheists, but that is not
really correct. Buddhists admit that there are many entities in the
universe that can't be seen by man. Millions of Buddhist worldwide
consider the gods to be sacred.

But, these entities are not capable of offering Buddhists the saving
grace, because they are not enlightened. A Buddhist believes in
enlightenment - that's why they are referred to as "Buddhists"-
enlightenment is not dependent on deities to instill the gnostic insight.

There are clear parallels between the Vajrayana and the Vedanta point of
view. It's not complicated.