Thanks for following up, Anartaxius. I am time-limited myself, and won't be
able to comment much on your musings, but I appreciated them. I agree that T/F
is a simplistic approach to reality and experience that does not seem to be
accurate, or even useful. If my experience with Rama and with other
teachers/shamans who allowed me to access radically alternate realities -- and
sometimes several at once -- had any value, it was to teach me that things can
be true and false at the same time, and that neither in any way defines
"reality."

I even suspect that this irrelevance of true/false might be at play when
discussing the free will issue, and have something to do with belief, and the
conditioning that belief imposes on our perceptions. To someone who believes in
predestination or even in determinism, their belief may impose upon them a
subconscious inability to perceive the world any other way, and thus their
actions *are* out of their control, if for no other reason than it never occurs
to them to exert control. For someone who believes in free will, *they* may
have the ability to act freely in exactly the same situation, because they are
not preconditioned to think that they can't. So the same situation can appear
to be "true" from one point of view (conditioned by one belief system) and
"false" from another point of view (unconditioned, or holding a different
belief system).

The bottom line, however, is that it still strikes me as a classic waste of
time to ponder such things overmuch, because *everyone* juggles their notions
of true and false every day. We may "know" intellectually that the balls in the
air are really not matter, merely wave particles giving the illusion of matter,
but we catch and throw the balls anyway, as if they were matter. Two completely
different views of the same reality, both valid, and *neither* "true" nor
"false."

I am very comfortable with contradictions, and feel for those who are not. By
trying to fit everything into little pigeonholes labeled "true" and "false," it
seems to me that they're missing at least half of life.