Mike,

 You've got a point there.  I can think of a passage where I believe it was
Abram who struggled with an unknown heavenly entity through the night and won.
He asked, "what is your name?"

 It was at this time, as I recall, he was renamed Abraham and was granted the
destiny of having descendants as many as the stars in the sky.

 There's also the story of Jacob's dream about a ladder to heaven.  The ladder
could be interpreted as the various chakras in the human body, which signify
the various states of consciousness, culminating in a heavenly state which can
correspond to cosmic consciousness or brahman consciousness.

 The Bible is loaded with personal experiences of pure awareness, so said
Maharishi. He had one group read the pslams at one point on our six month
course. Personally, I had never read the Bible until a few years ago. When I
did, it knocked my socks off! The pages were full of experiences I had been
having all along for years in meditation. The Bible expresses many of these
events as happening on the gross physical plain of existence when in fact many
were inner experiences in awareness.
 On Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:12 AM, "jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife]"