You know what, I know what Jim is saying, even if I would express it
differently.

 I think that the growth of silence in activity does pave the way for a
smoother fulfillment of desires.

 I also think there is an element of taking total responsibility for one's
actions, whatever they may be. That is an accelerant.
 .
 But, neither do I feel a need to defend this, or prove it.  That is silly.  It
is just my experience, which I think also engenders a sense of wonder about
things.

 Aside from the moronic statements made on here, that enlightenment is no
different or better, than any other state of consciousness, I thought I would
address the practical benefit of enlightenment.

 Basically being established in silence, means a greater synchrony with life,
with all that exists. The silence within, though it may initially feel
personal, is not. It is the silence that pervades everything. Hence, if we have
that established Being within ourselves, life is ours - no need to pine or
become bitter about unfulfilled expectations or desires. All is for the taking,
after silence is established. The whole of life works to fulfill our desires,
once this state is reached.

 And if the desire is for cheeseburgers, so be it!

 But really, what does "The whole of life works to fulfil our desires" actually
mean? Other than being rather self-aggrandising I can't see that it means
anything at all, it sounds like you read it in the brochure and post it here
because it sounds good. Give us an example.

 This is the benefit - This is the benefit, that dawns, once silence is
established. Before that, there is a fundamental disconnect, between the
individual desires, and the desires of life, itself. Afterwards, the bounty we
receive is overwhelming.

 So a daily visit to FFL to have a good arguement is part of some great plan of
nature? God really does move in mysterious ways. You must get more rewards than
the rest of us, we're just trying to look busy at work.

 Those who assert that enlightenment is no better or worse than anything else,
have lost their way, and receive neither the benefits of enlightenment, nor of
their own, desperate, state. It is a sad thing that some have become so
despondent in their quest for enlightenment, that they give up, declaring it
all a charade. There is no work so fulfilling, as to prepare ourselves for our
liberation, and then to live it.

 In what way is your life actually different from before?

  • [FairfieldLife]... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... salyavin808