Share, he wasn't talking to you personally I don't think.  Richard is like a
broken record with these sayings of his - stock comments that seldom apply to
what the topic at hand is and are patently immaterial and irrelevant.  Although
I realize you warned him about me and stated here that you would be happy to
read 300 comments of his per week, take it from me - just be grateful that he
got the attention he desired apparently (either from FFL or maybe from Rita
too), after his stint of 200/week, and is currently exercising some degree of
self-restraint, hard as that may be.

 Richard, you're right. I don't always address the important issues. Sometimes
it's because I don't think I know enough about them to make a useful
contribution to the discussion. And sometimes I don't because I've seen in the
past that to do so does not have a good result. FFL seems to be a rough and
tumble place and I don't think that is going to change, no matter how much
anyone admonishes.

 On Friday, May 23, 2014 3:26 PM, "'Richard J. Williams' punditster@...
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

   On 5/23/2014 9:51 AM, Share Long sharelong60@... [FairfieldLife]
 wrote:
 > Richard, I've been wanting to say this to you for a long time: where I
 > come from, and even where I am right now, silence absolutely does not
 > always signify agreement. Sometimes it just means that I'm too busy to
 > reply, as when I was traveling. Or it might mean that I don't want to
 > get embroiled in a certain topic. Like that, like that...

 It's just a saying that you failed to address the important issues. Go
 figure.

 It's sort of like being with a group of people at a dance party and
 trying to have fun with strangers. Several of the group don't want to
 join in the conversation, they just stand back by the wall and watch or
 stare. A few of the people do all the dancing, but refuse to dance with
 some of the others, so they just ignore them. There's always at least
 one guy who wants to trip one of the dancers. The question is, if you're
 not going to dance, why did you come to the dance party?

 ---
protection is active.

        • Re... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
            • ... emilymae...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]