 I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear the discussion among the MUM
higher-ups as to who would give the commencement speech. Whose idea was it to
invite Carrey? I can't imagine that it didn't generate considerable resistance
from some quarters. How did Carrey win out?

 He's a very rich Hollywood A-lister is my guess. The more there are of those
spreading the word the more headlines they'll get.

 And how are those who were agin him feeling now that the choice has proved to
be a stroke of genius? There are thousands of news stories reporting on the
speech.

 I would also give my right arm (well, maybe my left arm) to be a fly on the
wall when Buck sits down to see some of Carrey's films for the first time.
Somebody should videotape the occasion. You could sell tickets to watch the
expressions on his face. For maximum effect, he should start with Dumb and
Dumber and Cable Guy before moving on to The Truman Show.

 LOL. When David Lynch first came out of the closet everyone at HQ was really
excited that a top Hollywood director was pushing TM. I suggested showing a
season of his movies on the Marshy channel as a tribute and they all thought it
was a great idea, never having seen one. Quite sweet really.

 One of Carrey's more "serious" movies is "The Truman Show"...a nice blend of
spiritual values (i.e. there's much more to Reality than the reality we live
daily) and his usual comedic charm. The premise is definitely unique making it
one of the classics, and it's well worth the rental price.

  • [FairfieldLife] Jim C... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLi... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfie... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]