Carrey hit his stride as Fire Marshall Bill on the old In Living Color show -
its all been downhill from there.

________________________________
 From: feste37 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 1:32 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Jim Carrey's Commencement address at MUM 24 May,
2014

I doubt whether there was any resistance to inviting Carrey, auth. He is a
well-known face around Fairfield and Vedic City. He goes to the Raj for
ayurvedic treatment and has spoken, I believe, more than once with the David
Lynch MA film students on campus. He's obviously a big supporter of the
movement.

I have never seen any of his films. Are they bad?

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to hear the discussion among the MUM
higher-ups as to who would give the commencement speech. Whose idea was it to
invite Carrey? I can't imagine that it didn't generate considerable resistance
from some quarters. How did Carrey win out? And how are those who were agin him
feeling now that the choice has proved to be a stroke of genius? There are
thousands of news stories reporting on the speech.

I would also give my right arm (well, maybe my left arm) to be a fly on the
wall when Buck sits down to see some of Carrey's films for the first time.
Somebody should videotape the occasion. You could sell tickets to watch the
expressions on his face. For maximum effect, he should start with Dumb and
Dumber and Cable Guy before moving on to The Truman Show.

One of Carrey's more "serious" movies is "The Truman Show"...a nice blend of
spiritual values (i.e. there's much more to Reality than the reality we live
daily) and his usual comedic charm. The premise is definitely unique making it
one of the classics, and it's well worth the rental price.