I watched, "Black Fish", a documentary about the killer whale entertainment
industry - not pretty.

 Also, "12 Years A Slave", which was fascinating, and horribly chilling, from a
perspective of how human beings can rationalize treating other humans, as
property. To see it in action was mesmerizing, as my mind and heart could not
conceive of this ever actually being a reality, and yet, there it was, on a
massive scale. It reminded me a lot, of accounts I have read of the Nazi
mentality, rationalizing the treatment of human beings, basically as
replaceable resources, and North Korea, where a sideways look can mean a bullet
in the head, randomly. A friend refers to these types of movies, as ones to
watch, not for enjoyment, but simply because we have to.