 On 6/18/2014 1:47 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

  According to Harris , there is no evidence that consciousness exists in the
physical world. I'm part of the physical world and it exists in me.

 Let's put it this way - the existence of consciousness can't been demonstrated
by physical ontology because consciousness is a spiritual ontology.  Which is
another way of saying you'd just rather not think about it. Or at least will
refuse to be happy with the answer.

 "I believe that this notion of emergence is incomprehensible—rather like a
naive conception of the big bang. The idea that everything (matter, space-time,
their antecedent causes, and the very laws that govern their emergence) simply
sprang into being out of nothing seems worse than a paradox. "

 Sam Harris on the Mystery of Consciousness:
 http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-mystery-of-consciousness
http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-mystery-of-consciousness
 We are eagerly awaiting an alternative.

  • [FairfieldLife]... salyavin808