I used to love reading some of Deepak's books - I liked his auto-biography
Return of the Rishi, and I absolutely loved his first fiction novel, the Return
of Merlin.

I was somewhat disturbed when I saw allegations that he has written most if not
all of his books by employing a ghost writer! The allegations claim that no one
in the media will report on this for fear of angering Chopra. Dunno how true or
not true they may be.

I have a close friend who tied herself to his star in the sense of becoming a
certified Chopra instructor of meditation, yoga and ayurveda. After a few years
it became apparent that Chopra had no desire of supporting "his" instructors as
he had initially said he would, by using his considerable fame to assist them
in getting local students of their own. This led to a great deal of
disaffection amongst the teachers. I have very little respect for Chopra
anymore - he seems to have followed in Marshy's footsteps in becoming a self
centered self-aggrandizing ass who is mainly interested in his own fame and
money, lots and lots of money.