From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

I'm surprised they didn't kick you out of the academy for playing such a film.

I guess it depends who's running the show. In the old days of the academy I
probably would have been burned at the stake for bringing any sort of
non-Marshy movie into the sacred grounds. But the couple who were running
things when I was there were pretty cool, they knew that not everyone is suited
to a life of devotion and studying the vedas, so they let us be ourselves.

Not that some other visitors didn't object, some of the sponsors were outraged
that money they had donated for a TV for watching "knowledge" tapes was being
used for entertainment, the horror. It's like they gave money to live the
spiritual life by proxy, we were intended by them to be purusha when we weren't
anything of the sort.

You should have explained that you *were* using the TV to watch
"knowledge tapes," and then played them the following segment:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities
of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of
the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of
lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and
furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And
you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

It may not be from the Gita, but it *is* from the Bible. Ezekiel 25:17, to be
exact.

Ah, what a classic, they don't write 'em like that any more.

I consider Pulp Fiction to be the Casablanca of our age, it's the movie that
saved cinema.

One of my favorite places to sit and write when I'm in Amsterdam is the
front-window table of a coffeeshop where Quentin Tarantino sat and wrote most
of "Pulp Fiction." None of his success has rubbed off on me, but I think some
of his sense of humor has.
  • [FairfieldLife]... salyavin808
    • [Fairfield... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... salyavin808