see comments below.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- Irmeli Mattsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Peter seems to be talking about something else. He
> > has explained
> > waking state and enlightenment to be two different
> > things I have
> > earlier asked him how he on daily basis manages to
> > alternate between
> > waking state and enlightenment? But I have got no
> > answer.
> > Also many times earlier when I have commented on his
> > "no I" posts he
> > has not bothered to respond to me.
>
> There two reasons why I tend not to take these
> discussions too far with you. We are coming from two
> very different conceptual systems. I try to stick to
> MMY's model of the 7 states. I'm not sure what
> conceptual model you are coming from. You also become
> insulting in your responses to me. As soon as this
> happens I stop responding. I find your posts
> interesting, but I'm not going to argue with you.

****
Peter,

Regarding your "stick(ing) to MMY's model of the 7 states" -

I understand how this point relates to the confusion that Irmeli has
with your use of the term "waking state," since she is using the
common meaning of that term, while you are using MMY's meaning.

But I don't understand how statements from you, variously worded, to
the effect that there is absolutely no "I" have their roots in MMY's
7 states model. MMY always talks about the Self, about Self-
Realization. I believe that the word "self" and the word "I" have
similar connotations in the English language. Granted, that he is
speaking of a universal Self, but the choice of words has some
significance, does it not? Contrast that with the Buddhists, who
claim that there is no ultimate Self.

On FFL, you have described your personal experience about this -
what happened one day years ago on your way out of the dome. You
have stated that you went back to MMY's commentary on the Gita and
found that his descriptions of CC matched your experience very well.
So it may very well be that your experience, which you describe
as "no I" is well supported by descriptions from MMY which are not
at all couched in the terminology of "no I". If I am right, then I
think you should be more careful in stating that you are using MMY's
7 states model when you use terms such as "no I", even though you
found confirmation for your experience in MMY's own words.

How did this phrase "no I" enter into your vocabulary? Was it what
spontaneously arose in your mind as an understanding of your own
experience? Or was it something you picked up from Ramana Maharishi,
Nisargadatta, Suzanne Siegal, or Bernadette Roberts? Or did you come
across the confirming language sets of these people after you had
already determined that "no I" was what had happened to you?

In any case, don't you think that the language that you are using
represents a hybrid of MMY's 7 states model and the model(s) of one
or more of the people I mentioned above? :)