On 07/05/2014 09:59 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
I was watching a panel discussion on ubiquitous computing - the chip in the toaster, etc., and the vast, interconnected networks that are resulting from that. I have also been watching all the breakthroughs in optical tech, self-driving cars, and autonomous robots. Current civilian drones are now capable of tracking every human being and vehicle, inside a five square mile box, even within a city. No doubt the military can exceed that coverage.

What I've never understood is why people who are so unimportant that they couldn't possibly be of interest to anyone, much less a government, are so paranoid about people "snooping on them." Sure sounds like an overdose of self-importance to me. :-)

Except that the Nasty Snooping Assholes seem to want to get the "goods" on everybody to blackmail them. So if you download a movie they've "got ya" for future reference. Even my brother-in-law, who usually doesn't pay any attention to these things, asked me yesterday about cameras on new TVs. I told him some "Smart TVs" had them so that folks could Skype with the TV and along with the Netflix apps, etc, could add $200 for extra profit. And these are not surreptitious because they are mentioned as a feature. Anything to sell folks a new TV.

Big brother actually is here and wants to turn ordinary unimportant citizens into "criminal masterminds." The best thing to do is poison their database with useless information.