On Nov 3, 2005, at 10:39 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Nov 3, 2005, at 8:11 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Nov 3, 2005, at 7:46 PM, authfriend wrote:

It's mildly interesting to know that different

systems put their labels at different stages of the

enlightenment process, but it says nothing

whatsoever about the relative effectiveness of the

systems.

That's just it, it's the same label: Mahesh calls it turiyatita

also--

it's just that he also translates as "Cosmic Consciousness" into

English. He has also indicated the traditional synonyms, so it is

talking of the same state--although he has only ever given the

basic

features of someone approaching the state (that I've heard).

Whatis your background with MMY's discussions? I've only had the

SCI

tape course and the busy-work lectures from the TM centers and the

busywork lectures from the TM-Sidhis (8-week in residence) course.

It seems to me that MMY has touched upon all the criteria that you

mentioned earlier at one point or another...

I'll leave that topic for the diehard M. fans to chew on.

Hmmm, so you won't answer the question...

IMO, no he does not touch on the full criteria and experience of turiyatita ("Cosmic Consciousness"), let alone the full path to attain it--although he does admit that 1) samkhya is the structure of CC and 2) Patanjali the means. If it's obvious to you that you were never taught Patanjali fully, then there's your answer. If you think you already were taught Patanjali, then you already have it.