--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I think that this letter from Farrokh is representative for most
> of
> > the Independent TM-Teachers when it says: "If we are teachers
> > of "supreme knowledge" with the gift to remove suffering, how
much
> > greater is our sin if we fail to use our talent for the poor and
> > under-privileged and use it exclusively for the rich".
>

> ...and it is not only that only the rich can afford TM at its high
> prices, it is also the ability through the riches to get special
> instructions to complement your TM practise (and I'm not talking
> here about being able to afford advanced techniques or other
> programs such as panchikarma or vedic vibration).
>
> I recently read an article about David Lynch in which he is quoted
> as saying that he meditates three times a day...he does an extra
one
> at lunch time.  And why does he do the extra one?  Because MMY told
> him to do it.
>
> You see, Lynch was able to pay $1 million to go on a millionaire's
> course and bought access to MMY.  And it was a result of his
> richness that got his extra TM instructions.
>
> This to me is a big, big deal; it's one thing to make the price of
> TM $2,500 and to have all these extra techniques and programs
> available at thousands of dollars.  It's quite another thing to now
> pollute the universality of the technique by doling out special
> instructions JUST FOR THE TM TECHNIQUE based upon money and access.
>
> How horrible what this wonderful movement has come to...

And yet, Lynch paid for the access directly to MMY. How many
millionsof people wanted or still want that kind of access to MMY?
MMY has set up a criteria of having lots of money to get that kind of
access. What criteria do other people have to allow that kind of
access? How many people does Ammachi devote a month's time to and how
does she decide who gets that time?

BTW, Lynch then turns around and puts his money (and time) where his
mouth is. If you had access to millions of dollars, would you be
willing to pay MMY for a month's individualized attention? Would you
be willing to put your reputation on the line in public to promote a
fund-raiser to raise money for the TMO?

Why all this criticism against people with money, given that you're
so into capitalism?