I can't imagine that proximity to your sattva didn't turn him around.

________________________________
 From: "steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Damn It

Share,

It is a marvel to me how people who have unlimited means can avoid the
trappings of addictions of every sort, substance, gambling, sex.

It just seems such an easy trap to fall into,and that is why I guess addiction
is so much a part of their lives.

I have addictive tendencies myself.  If not for my marriage and family, maybe I
would be going down one of those paths.

This is really apropos to nothing, but I had someone doing some renovation work
for me.  He was in a six month rehab program at the Salvation Army.  Doing well.

It came time for him to graduate and he didn't have a place to live.  I allowed
him to stay in the building next to our business that we are renovating and
that where he was doing his work.

I had him sign a notarized statement that I could ask him to leave immediately
for any reason, along with other stipulations.

He lasted about one day before he was started drinking and after one week was
getting completely smashed. I had to ask him to leave.

What was kind of funny was when I told him he had to leave, all pretense of his
trying to remain sober left and at that instant all his drunkenness came out.

Before that he was doing a pretty good of appearing straight.

Loved Williams years ago on the Mork and Mindy show - I guess my favorite movie
was Mrs. Doubtfire. Loved Birdcage too but the other actors stole the show.
Williams was an alcoholic and drug addict at various times in his life. He was
an incredibly talented man who gave millions tremendous pleasure and laughter.
He wanted to play the Riddler in the next Batman movie - man I would have loved
to have seen that.

As to Steve, he is showing how grand TM makes a person. Friendliness, happiness
and compassion anyone?