> on 11/6/05 3:38 PM, uns_tressor at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> "the selling of Mantras is strictly against all spiritual rules."
> >
> > The TMO does not sell mantras. It sells TM.
> > Sharpen up, Vaj.
>
> Go into a TM center and ask for a free mantra. You'll be told that TM is
> much more than a mantra. It's also being given the "correct" mantra
in the
> correct way and being told how to use it. For that you pay $2500.
The old
> argument was, water is free but it costs a lot to build the dams and
pipes,
> purify it, etc.

Absolutely true. Every word. Give them "om" and where
are they? Not one step forward. The water metaphor is
first rate. But the marketing would break down if the water
companies charged £10 per pint. Then people would truck
in alternatives. The TMO has yet to grasp this. But the
metaphor works.

As you know, the seven step sequence to teach TM is quite
labour intensive. I suggest that each stage takes 3 hours
of teacher time (to allow for travel and pissing about of
one sort or another). How the 21 man hours gets covered
is a complex management issue. But it needs to be covered
with some sort of marketing strategy.

The TMO's marketing is a joke, but the solution is not
going back to the old hippie ideal of teaching for
nothing. When the teacher gets hungry or fancies new
inner tubes for his or her bicycle, then they end up
in the software industry.
Uns.