Hi Jason

It's easy to sit in judgement many years later but like Dr. Pete said
in an earlier reply, it was a different time back in that era, the
early 80s, life in Fairfield was very campus-centric, the daily
numbers in the domes were in the mid 1500s and up, many of us were
doing 2 x 2 in the domes daily, the MIU campus was a vital, active
place and very few to nearly none were in active revolt against the TM
organization. Nothing about life in FF at that time indicated what was
to come.

My ayurvedic products business was successful at it's own level which
included the Purushnicks and the Mother Diviners who were, I believe,
in Puerto Rico at that time. We had made great inroads into several
other spiritual organizations, particularly Yogi Bhajan's 3HO org. and
had a thriving mail order business.

At that time I no more thought of defying Maharishi.
Knowing that the TM organization had, essentially, unlimited financial
resources behind them made my partner and I realize we could not
compete at the level things were going to rise to. That and the fact
that back then the words, "Maharishi says......" were very meaningful
to most and if he said to buy Maharishi Ayurvedic products, that's
what everyone was going to do.

Kenny H.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     Perhaps, telling the TM-org all details of your business was a
mistake.

>     Aurobindo ashram in Auroville in india is having a research
centre on Organic-farming and organic- pesticides.  What will the
TM-org think of this.??  Rivals.??  Try to beat them out of the market.??

>     I was thinking of introducing them to TM-org, but thank God you
warned me.

>     It is still not too late, You can restart your business.

Now Situation in India)

>   We had a good relationship with the powers to be of the TM org. We
maintained regular contact with the Office of the President who knew
exactly what it was we were doing as we told him very explicity.

>   Of course we could have continued, and in retrospect I'm sure I
would have done things differently. But my parnter and I chose to stop.