Wonder what would have happened if anyone tried that with Maharishi?

 From: "TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... mailto:turquoiseb@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.comTo:
"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com Sent:
Friday, August 15, 2014 8:53 AMSubject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re:
8/12&13/14-Maharishi: As we take care of ourself, the world will take of itself
for us on that level
   From: "steve.sundur@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

   What I find kind of interesting is to see people here, over time, keep
discounting anything to do with MMY.

 I don't mean to single out Barry, but I've seen, (particularly with that quote
Judy found), that MMY's stature has gone from someone enlightened, in Barry's
eyes, to someone with no awakening, but rather a personality that people just
latched onto because they had a cult mindset.

 It's a natural process you might not be familiar with, Steve, because it's
called "growing up." There has NEVER been a time on either a.m.t. or on FFL in
which I said that I believed that Maharishi was enlightened, because it would
not have been true. The only time I thought that was during the early years
when I was as bamboozled by his act as anyone else. But during my TTC and
afterwards, as I got to work more closely with Maharishi, I realized that I had
never once seen or experienced anything I would categorize as "darshan" or
"shakti" or even "charisma." As far as those qualities go, he had the charisma
of a wet burrito, compared to many teachers I have worked with since.

 When I left the TMO and began to interface with other teachers from real
traditions, I found out what real charisma and personal power were like, and
thus realized how little of them Maharishi had had. I also got to learn from
real spiritual traditions, as opposed to the ones he had made up and ripped off
from Hinduism, just dressed in Western clothing. In terms of intellect and
being able to give truly "advanced lectures," Maharishi was a spiritual
kindergarten-level teacher at best.

 So there is simply no possibility of me considering him "enlightened." OR of
considering him a good teacher. I *did* learn some useful things from him, and
I thank him for those, but not to the point of feeling the need to put him up
on some unrealistic pedestal for having qualities he never had.

 Do you still revere your kindergarten teacher, and place him or her up on some
kind of pedestal of supposed wisdom, the way you might have "at the time?" Of
course you don't. Similarly, I don't consider Maharishi anything more than one
of the first teachers I ever worked with, back when I was young and naive and
easily impressed.

 It really doesn't make a lot of sense, and as Jim likes to point out, says a
lot more about the person finding fault, that the object of that person's
criticism.

 I guess this is a just sayin' observation.

<awoelflebater@...> mailto:awoelflebater@... wrote :  While reading this I see
that this was a golden time for MMY and for the Movement. There is so much
power behind what he says here and seemingly so much truth. This was a pleasure
to read. It reminds me why I started to meditate back in 1970 and why I
attended MIU. What a pleasure to read!

 Jai Guru Dev
 T​o ​subscribe, send a reply with "subscribe" entered as the subject or
message; to ​unsubscribe​ ,​ ​send a reply with "unsubscribe" entered ​as the
subject or message.-- David Hooper1000 Purusha Place, Suite 219Romney, WV 26757

            • ... nablusoss1008
          • ... nablusoss1008
        • [F... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLife]... wgm4u