> The world where the human species live is formed by four spheres
> called Bhur, Bhuvar, Svar and Mahar. Bhur is the earth, Bhuvar the
> atmosphere, Svar the planetary world and Mahar an extraplanetary
> world, perhaps the one we attribute these days to the
> extraterrestrials. Its duration is longer than that of the
> terrestrial world. It is there that some men will find refuge at
the
> time of the catastrophe that will destroy the entire species at the
> end of the Kali Yuga.

My current understanding -- open to revision -- is Bhur-loka
(correlated with the base chakra) is the physical plane; Bhuvar-loka
(sex chakra) is the astral plane, and our biosphere; Swarga-loka
(navel) is the mental (Manasic) plane and the planet as a whole
(whereas Hrit, the Sacred Heart between the navel and the heart,
equates to the Sun and Solar System); and Mahar-loka (heart) is the
intuitional (Buddhic) plane, which includes (I believe) the
constellation-awareness embracing our Sun, and centered more
specifically perhaps in the Sirius system.

Jana-loka (throat) is the Atmic plane of Mahat, associated with
galactic-consciousness. Interestingly, the 27-state system places Jana-
loka in the gap between state 17 (Brahma-Shiva-Shiva, complement of
transcendence-II), Purva Ashada nakshatra, and state 18 (Shiva-Vishnu-
Vishnu, complement of transcendence-I), Uttara Ashadha nakshatra.
Purva Ashada is delta Sagittarii and Uttara Ashada is sigma
Sagittarii, which places the gap itself in Sagittarius, lately
acknowledged as the location of our Galactic center. This gap would be
the "afterimage" Vishnu-Brahma-Brahma, or "birth"... perhaps the birth
of our Galaxy :-)