According to Eddie Murphy, George Washington Carver almost developed a
phonograph needle from a peanut, instead got peanut butter.

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:40 AM, danfriedman2002 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Who's the "peanut gallery" you are referring to? Are they promoting Peanut
Cures. My esteemed colleague...
George Washington Carver
Before he invented the 300 uses for peanut butter, peanuts had to be
discovered. His inventions of the many different crops gave people
different kinds of food and created new markets for farmers. "Who
Invented Peanut Butter?- George Washington Carver."
Dan, your supported in Peanut Butter Cores (Spread It On!)

"For the record" a lot of alternative
medicine is very science based.  Only the peanut gallery
seems to think it isn't.  There's a lot of university research out
there that hasn't yet been implemented by the conservative
mainstream "science based" medicine.  But they're beginning to
catch on and learning that the centuries old concepts of the
metabolic causes of medicine that East Indians and Chinese use
have some validity.  Just like one size shoe won't fit us all
neither does just one medical approach to a problem.

On 08/26/2014 04:29 AM, anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]
wrote:

>>The
term allopathic, which is often used in a derogatory
sense, was invented by Hahnemann, the creator of homoeopathy. So it is
basically a quacks take on regular
medicine, although at the time the term came into use,
regular medicine was still pretty primitive, and
probably not very effective. Today the term
'evidence-based medicine' is used, or 'science-based
medicine'. Here is an interesting site that deals with
various conflicts found between alternative therapies
(which I usually call the alternative to medicine) and
modern medical practice. Science-Based
Medicine

>>   Science-Based
Medicine
>>Science-Based
Medicine: Exploring issues and controversies
in the relationship between science and
medicine

>>View on www.sciencebasedm...  Preview by Yahoo
>>

>>---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, mailto:turquoiseb@... wrote :
>>

>>I've been
staying out of the Alternative Therapies
free-for-all for a number of reasons. First,
it's been done to death here before, so the
whole faux outrage thing has a decidedly been
there, done that, don't need to do it again
vibe to it. Second, possibly because I bailed
from the TMO early, I never got infected with
that uber-hypochondria that so many long-term TMers exhibit. I never got into
fad diets or
mega-supplements or any of that stuff, and
have managed to remain remarkably healthy
*anyway*, never having to "go there" and put
any attention on my health. I've been lucky
enough to be healthy and stay healthy...what
was there to focus on or obsess on?

>>Third, I
currently write articles for all sorts of
people in the health care industry. A few of
them probably work for Big Pharma, but most
are just everyday practitioners of allopathic medicine or chiropractic or some
alternative
practice or some mainstream specialty like
cardiovascular medicine. And to a person I
don't think any of them would disagree with
the comments one of them put on the T-shirt
below (some MDs might get a
bit of a hitch in their panties over the
mention of chiropractic, but that's about it).

>>Most of them
would LOVE it if their patients would just pay
more attention to their diets and to getting
enough exercise. But they don't. They want a
"quick cure." And they want it whether it
comes from a Big Pharma pill or a homeopathic
sugar pill or a Chinese tonic or
an Ayurvedic potion. Health care providers --
whoever they are -- get pushed into the savior
role because people go to them demanding the
"quick cure" and shouting "Cure me, cure me!"
They're not willing to do the work every day
that keeps them healthy in the first place, so
they expect someone else to do it for them.

    • [Fairfield... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... danfriedman2002
        • Re... danfriedman2002
            • ... danfriedman2002