On 8/27/2014 10:17 AM, danfriedman2002 wrote:

Impressive, so perhaps you can help. For starters please clarify what you mean by "Slice the vegetables on the bias" because I just will not discriminate against any vegetable, green or blue, because vegetables are my friends.

Slicing vegetable on the bias is an old teaching that we learned from George Ohasawa, the founder of the Macrobiotic diet and philosophy and Michio and Aveline Kushi who helped to introduce modern macrobiotics to the United States. "Sanpaku" (three-spaces empty) refers to traditional Japanese physiognomic diagnosis in which eyes can be seen to present a white area below as well as to each side of the iris when viewed straight on. Slicing on the bias refers to cutting at an angle - one of the requirements in cooking the macrobiotic way.

On 8/27/2014 8:58 AM, danfriedman2002 wrote:

    I got the Deluxe Browser now. See the brownies below...

    I do admit though, Hole Foods does have good brownies!

    We love brownies from Whole Foods, but unfortunately on our
    current diet, we can't eat many because of the sugar content. We
    don't consume processed sugar anymore and we have cut way down on
    our carbohydrate consumption as well. We are currently working on
    limiting our dairy intake which is very difficult. But, we know a
    couple that has managed to eliminate all dairy products from their
    diet. We still eat cooked food but we eat raw food as well, such
    as salads. We only eat out about once a week these days because
    most prepared foods are good tasting but also contain other
    unknown and unsavory ingredients. Our basic food philosophy is
    /keep it simple/. Here is our basic recipe for making soup:

    Ingredients:

    1. Vegetables.
    2. Water.

    Directions:

    In a pot, bring water to a boil. Slice the vegetables on the
    bias.Add the cut vegetables to the pot. Cover and simmer until the
    vegetables are soft. Add seasoning to taste.

    /Soup made with organic vegetables and filtered water cooked on
    low heat./

    ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <punditster@...>
    <mailto:punditster@...> wrote :

    On 8/27/2014 8:16 AM, danfriedman2002 wrote:

        Yes, f the observer is still vibrational, the observed is
        known only as a solid object and appears to be essentially
        different from other forms of matter.

        According to A.J. Bahm, objects appear in consciousness as
        wholes, or "gestalts." They enter experience already made.
        Some unconscious or subconscious process determines our
        conscious experiences for us, even though we can never become
        aware of it. The mystery of consciousness may never be
        explained satisfactorily,Consciousness is The Simplest Thing.
        but it is obvious, to those who reflect, that something
        happens within us to make us see things the way we do. This
        something must be taken into account in explaining the nature
        of knowledge. Experience! Perhaps the most startling
        construction is that of consciousness itself. The intellect
        is only a part of the mind and thus, blind to wholeness.

        ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <punditster@...>
        <mailto:punditster@...> wrote :

        On 8/26/2014 6:54 PM, Share Long sharelong60@...
        <mailto:sharelong60@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

            Michael, that bliss is an isness. It is not a thereness
            as in, you are already there. Everything is useless and
            nothing is useless. You are that bliss, mantra is that
            bliss. Bliss alone is. Even the questions are bliss. In
            fact they make the bubbles of bliss rise up into
            laughter. In my experience...

        It is obvious that different people may not see the same
        object as it is, but may perceive different objects when
        confronted by the same stimulus source. We fail to take into
        account the /constructed character of knowing/. The term
        constructed character of knowing may be used to name the
        synthesizing process that goes on in the brain before
        experiences are produced. The various nervous impulses do
        not appear in consciousness to be knowingly assembled or
        constructed into an object.

        On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:48 PM, "Michael Jackson
        mjackson74@... <mailto:mjackson74@...> [FairfieldLife]"
        <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        So what do you do when you decide to meditate and suddenly
        the bliss becomes all there is. I mean the kind of bliss
        where you know that you are that, and that's all you are and
        everybody even your enemies are that too? I mean, what do
        you do with that? Mantra is useless - there is no place to
        go, you're already there. I mean what the...?

        <mailto:punditster@...> wrote :

[...]

  • [FairfieldLife]... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... danfriedman2002
            • ... danfriedman2002