On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Richard, I don't use focusing on the breath to calm the mind. I use it to
> settle the physiology. Then the mind calms down all by itself.

*So, I mentioned this because some of the informants seem confused. The use
of mindfulness is to gain insight into the impermanence of the
self-view. Instructions for simple "vipassana" mindfulness meditation:*

   - Sit down in a comfortable position, on the floor on a cushion or in a
   chair.
   - Rock from side-to-side slowly a few times and feel the body as a whole.
   - Close your eyes and relax into thought - don't try to control your
   thoughts.
   - Being mindful of each thought - how it arises and it's duration.