---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 If the formatting was wrong, here's what the interview responses were like
from the enlightened test subjects to the question "Describe your self":

 L1: We ordinarily think my self as this age; this color of hair; these hobbies
. . . my experience is that my Self is a lot larger than that. It's
immeasurably vast. . . on a physical level. It is not just restricted to this
physical environment
 L2: It's the ‘‘I am-ness.’’ It's my Being. There's just a channel underneath
that's just underlying everything. It's my essence there and it just doesn't
stop where I stop. . . by ‘‘I,’’ I mean this 5 ft. 2 person that moves around
here and there
 L3: I look out and see this beautiful divine Intelligence. . . you could say
in the sky, in the tree, but really being expressed through these things. . .
and these are my Self
 L4: I experience myself as being without edges or content. . . beyond the
universe. . . all-pervading, and being absolutely thrilled, absolutely
delighted with every motion that my body makes. With everything that my eyes
see, my ears hear, my nose smells. There's a delight in the sense that I am
able to penetrate that. My consciousness, my intelligence pervades everything I
see, feel and think
 L5: When I say ’’I’’ that's the Self. There's a quality that is so pervasive
about the Self that I'm quite sure that the ‘‘I’’ is the same ‘‘I’’ as everyone
else's ‘‘I.’’ Not in terms of what follows right after. I am tall, I am short,
I am fat, I am this, I am that. But the ‘‘I’’ part. The ‘‘I am’’ part is the
same ‘‘I am’’ for you and me

I describe myself as L4, beginning with "absolutely".
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 But CC really isn't enlightenment, it's just 'glorified ignorance' as M said.
You get inner wakefulness and silence along with a deluded mind. So this paper
is not about enlightened people. It's about people who have a certain degree of
opening to spiritual experience, but far short of the goal. Fred's problem is
he does not have access to currently used state-of-the-art equipment in the
study of consciousness, and even if he did, he probably would not be allowed by
the TMO to use it (fMRI for example), and he is probably under some other
research restrictions as well, as he likely would be booted if he published any
negative results.

 Fred: 'The experience of Transcendental Consciousness transcends language and
provides a platform for experiencing the world more with re[s]pect to inner
abstract structures and less with respect to outer, changing concrete objects.
This experience of Transcendental Consciousness is not a luxury and should not
be isolated to a few individuals transcending during meditation practice.
Rather, the experience of Transcendental Consciousness should be available to
everyone to allow them to realize their full human birthright.'

 He did not even mention CC in his conclusion (above) either.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Fred Travis published research on enlightened people.

 This review paper looks at the research:

 Transcendental experiences during meditation practice - Travis - 2013 - Annals
of the New York Academy of Sciences - Wiley Online Library
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nyas.12316/full

 Transcendental experiences during meditation practice - Travis - 2013 - Annals
of the New Yor... http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nyas.12316/full 1
Shear, J. 2006. The Experience of Meditation: Experts Introduce the Major
Traditions. Princeton, NJ: The Infinity Foundation. 2 Travis, F. & J. Shear.

 View on onlinelibrary.wiley.com
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nyas.12316/full
 Preview by Yahoo

 Fred is doing new research on people in CC and will be using more
sophisticated EEG analysis, and possibly other measures as well.

      • Re: [F... seerd...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... seerd...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]