I don't know if Billy, you hijacked the thread or not but "reincarnation is for the ignorant" is a typical Indian belief. I wasn't even aware of it until I saw a Nat Geo or Discover channel documentary on funerals in different countries and they covered the burning ghats in Varanasi which I've seen. They mentioned that people come there to be cremated so they don't reincarnate but gurus aren't allowed because they gurus to come back and keep teaching. Weird uh?