 On the other hand, we're all still here and some obliterating nuclear war
hasn't occurred yet so maybe that does qualify as world peace after all.

 Yes, it actually does - Especially, despite the HUGE INCREASE in weaponry,
since World War II, most of the world is free of war, and has been, since.
Civilian casualties during war are dropping too. Kind of a miracle, I think.

 Yes, despite so much suffering that still exists in the world from civil
unrest and general tyranny that dominates in some countries, it perhaps could
be so much worse. I think for me, it is not so much the actual, provable
reasons for this that are paramount but more the fact that we are still
(mostly) all here and breathing.