 From: nablusoss1008 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 1, 2014 10:17 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Maharishi's declining brain functioning

Old age does something strange to many people but not all. My father started to
mentally stumble when he was 85, a friend of mine is 97 and fit as a fiddle. My
guess it's hereditary. Maharishi became more than 90 years old, of course he
wasn't as fit as when 50 or 70, it's only normal.
That Curtis brings this up is only because he needs to divert his anger and
frustration onto something else. Probably it's getting cold to "play" on those
street-corners, instead he spends too much time in front of his computer.

Pardon my common sense, but all of this spinning, based on a few moments of
videotape, strikes me as unscientific in the extreme. A bit of mental midgetry,
imo. Might as well be speculating on the motives of Kim Kardashian, for all any
of us knew of Maharishi during his last days.

I agree with you. Like I said, I have not watched a tape of MMY, other than
that cherry picked few moments by the Australian interviewer and documentary
maker, since my days at MIU so that would have been 35+ years ago. I know that
I have been influenced by what others here described as his mental infirmities
and I have read their accounts of their own subjective observations of later
tapes but have not gone to actually see them myself. However, the question
still stands for me: Does enlightenment preclude the possibility of mental
decay or even senility and the onset of Alzheimers? Not having been around
elderly enlightened people I have no idea.

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: M... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLi... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [Fairfie... salyavin808