Right on bro, and anyone who can play a guitar, harmonica and drum is OK in my
book! ;-) I also question whether he actually bought into the ME effect,
apparently Hagelin's idea? Helen Lutes apparently once said, "He tricked us
into being spiritual", so yeah, MMY thought the ends justified the means, and
hey, maybe they do?...

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 I totally agree that Maharishi was a believer in his Hindu religious beliefs.
Unfortunately that included a view of dispensable Westerners as cash cows for
his holy purposes. He called us non Indians the "mix ups" in India because we
could not trace our shakka clan lineage. He used us for the purpose he believed
suited us best, financial exploitation.

But your point is one that I share about his beliefs in much of his own rap. I
am not sure how cynical he was about the flying program though. I am not sure
he believed in it as much as his TM, but I could be wrong. At the time he
developed the siddhi program he was so obviously winging it I am kinda
skeptical. It was a huge cash cow for the movement when initiations had dropped
off.

Certainly a complex guy and worthy of many nuanced POVs about him.

 I think Curtis has a point, MMY didn't always answer questions directly, I
believe he felt the ends justified the means and yes, he did use hyperbole. But
to see him as a money grubbing fool is missing the point. MMY was a religious
Hindu fundamentalist, IMHO, which explains everything!  He really wanted World
Peace, he really cared for people and the World, he was a good man and helped
many.

He really believed, "World Peace is just a matter of money", (to support the
group program), even Christians believe in the power of groups praying the
Rosary, TM and TMSP is basically the same dynamic....

      • [Fairf... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]