On 11/2/2014 7:09 PM, curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

This discussion about Maharishi's lifestyle came on the heels of Nabbie's absurd claim that Maharishi had sacrificed a lot by abandoning outdoor camping for living in the most beautiful tourist destinations in the world. The beauty of Seelsiberg is breathtaking and we were right over Lake Lucerne, one of the most glorious views I have ever seen.

While it is true that he was not a Rollex watch type millionaire and although he had limos he had no fleets of Rolls Royces, his lifestyle perks were to travel anywhere in the world with whoever he wanted to take along. Have you read Judith Bourke's book? It describes how he would dump chicks he grew tired of by just not taking them along on his next jaunt.

/There's no way Judith would know this, since she worked for the Maharishi for only two years and in just three locations, two in India. The reason he didn't take her up in the helicopter is because there was only room for one person and the pilot. When the group went up to Kashmir she had to ride the bus like everyone else.

Even John Paul George and Ringo had to ///take a train to get to Bangor and /fly on public air transportation to get to India; they took a taxi to get to the ashram. Maybe you had to hitch-hike, who knows?/

Maharishi's greatest interest seemed to be creating symposiums and events that would feature how wonderful he was reflected back to him by different groups of people, especially academic types. Sometimes it backfired when they got physicists who would not play ball with his fantasies as I saw at MIU in 1975. But usually he got people on his sycophant program to let him introduce analogies and then slip and slide into making outrageous claims. Is the unified field of physics an analogy for consciousness,or was he stating that this actually IS the field of consciousness? It depended on who he presented it to.

/Well, yes a symposium is a formal meeting at which experts discuss a particular topic: Bucky Fuller, Hans Selye, Marshall McLuhan - these are pretty impressive experts. Nobody ever said that the Maharishi didn't know how to organize a yoga camp - the guy was a marketing genius!/

His last wish for phallic towers of invincibility to be built in his honor kind of said it all.

/It's very common in South Asian art and edifice architecture but none are phallic - you are projecting again.//Here is the name of the book we were required to read when I took Art History 101 at the local community college:/

*Myths and Symbols in Indian Art and Civilization*
by Heinrich R. Zimmer
Princeton University Press

that may have been true in the old days, but it certainly wasn't true of his Vlodrop home or any of his residences in the US - I know people who worked on and in them - stop trying to make out like he was a poor itinerant preacher - he was a billionaire and his lackeys are still toting up the shillings everyday thanks to TM junkies even ones like you that the Movement can't stand and won't allow on their courses or in their facilities.